Wednesday, 21 September 2011

My 15 Favourite Films (In No Particular Order)

So here are my top 15 favourite films. They're grouped by genre, but most of which are 'hybrid' multi-genre films, though. But I decided to group these into their main genres. I didn't quite realise how difficult it would be to think of fifteen films I liked enough to call my 'favourite', -some of which are childhood favourites- so I based it on films that I was happy to watch again and again. Although some of the films I would otherwise be 'ashamed' to say were my personal favourites, they are and I decided to include them. In the end I picked these:

DRAMA:
Memoirs of a Geisha, 2005, Director: Rob Marshall, Distributed By: Columbia Pictures, 
GENRE: DRAMA/ROMANCE

The Blind Side, 2009, Director: John Lee Hancock, Distributed by: Warner Bros,
GENRE: DRAMA

FANTASY:
Avatar, 2009, Director: James Cameron, Distributed by: 20th Century Fox, 
GENRE: SCI-FI/FANTASY

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2005, Director: Mike Newell, Distributed by: Warner Bros, 
GENRE: FANTASY/FAMILY/ADVENTURE

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, 1971, Director: Mel Stuart, Distributed by: Paramount Pictures, GENRE: FAMILY/FANTASY/MUSICAL

Matilda, 1996, Director: Danny DeVito, Distributed by: TriStar Pictures, 
GENRE: FAMILY/FANTASY/COMEDY

Bruce Almighty, 2003, Director: Tom Shadyac, Distributed by: Universal Pictures, 
GENRE: COMEDY/FANTASY

CULT:
Fight Club, 1999, Director: David Fincher, Distributed by: 20th Century Fox, 
GENRE: CULT

ACTION:
Inception, 2010, Director: Christopher Nolan, Distributed by: Warner Bros, 
GENRE: ACTION/ADVENTURE/SCI-FI

The Dark Knight, 2008, Director: Christopher Nolan, Distributed by: Warner Bros, 
GENRE: SUPERHERO/ACTION/CRIME/THRILLER

X-Men, 2000, Director: Bryan Singer, Distributed by: 20th Century Fox & Marvel Entertainment, 
GENRE: ACTION/ADVENTURE/SCI-FI

Wanted, 2008, Director: Timur Bekmambetov, Distributed by: Universal Pictures, 
GENRE: ACTION/CRIME/THRILLER


COMEDY:
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, 2004, Director: Adam McKay, Distributed by: Dreamworks Pictures, GENRE: COMEDY/ROMANCE

ROM-COM:
The Proposal, 2009, Director: Anne Fletcher, Distributed by: Touchstone Pictures, 
GENRE:  ROM-COM/DRAMA(-according to IMDB)

ANIMATION:
Toy Story, 1995, Director: John Lasseter, Distributed by: Walt Disney Pictures, GENRE:      ANIMATION/FAMILY/COMEDY


Normally I would say that my favourite genre is probably fantasy/Sci-Fi, by this list it seems I have a wide-range of favourite genres, which is probably a good thing.
-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment